Arthur; D.W.’s Stray Netkitin; Bats In The Belfry
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W.’s Stray Netkitin; Bats In The Belfry
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
"D.W.'S Stray Netkitin": Cookie Jar 148A D.W. is panicked when a "Scary Clown" virus ruins the Read family computer. Who will take care of her virtual Netkitin pet? "Tickly" needs her hair brushed just so and will only eat Net Nibbles! So D.W. turns to Arthur and Emily for help - but is she really ready to give up control?
"Bats in the Belfry": Cookie Jar 148B Arthur and D.W. are thrilled when Grandma Thora lets them turn her attic into a clubhouse. They each have their own fantasy vision of what it should look like... but their argument is interrupted by the appearance of a very real bat! Will the bat threaten their new play space? Or can they appreciate meeting this unfamiliar creature?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W.’s Stray Netkitin; Bats In The Belfry,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 16, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A248ECCDDB3E4981BFF2B6C55E2FA37F.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W.’s Stray Netkitin; Bats In The Belfry.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 16, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A248ECCDDB3E4981BFF2B6C55E2FA37F>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W.’s Stray Netkitin; Bats In The Belfry. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A248ECCDDB3E4981BFF2B6C55E2FA37F