Ten O'Clock News; Roxbury youth violence
Marcus Jones reports that Roxbury community leaders met behind closed doors to draw up a plan to deal with the growing problem of gang violence in the community. Jones reports on the recent deaths of Roxbury residents Darlene Tiffany Moore and Richard Bailey. Jones' report includes photos of Bailey and Moore. Four suspects in the Bailey murder, including Shango Dilday, Demetrius Dunston, and Emmett Snow, were arraigned today in Roxbury District Court. Interview with Barry Snow (uncle of Emmett Snow) about the arraignment. Police have arrested Roxbury resident Shawn Drumgold and another suspect in connection with Moore's death. Information from the community led to Drumgold's arrest. Press conference with Police Commissioner Francis "Mickey" Roache, who says that police are working with members of the community to solve crimes. Interview with Roxbury resident Terrence Kelley about the increase in violence. City Councilor Bruce Bolling speaks to the press.
- Ten O'Clock News
Roxbury youth violence
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- Urban youth
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- Roxbury (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Roxbury youth violence,” 08/29/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A241FAFB97B44011938F396DEAE82DB0.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Roxbury youth violence.” 08/29/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A241FAFB97B44011938F396DEAE82DB0>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Roxbury youth violence. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A241FAFB97B44011938F396DEAE82DB0