Simply Ming; Mom and Pops Cooking With Leftovers
Simply Ming Canada - Leftovers with Mom & Pop - SMMG1119 Output Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Mom and Pops Cooking With Leftovers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Iris and Stephen Tsai
It's another week with Ming being joined in the Blue Dragon Kitchen with Mom & Pops. This time, they first enjoy a tasty meal at Gourmet Dumpling House in Boston's Chinatown. Later, they then head to the restaurant to show us how to repurpose the leftovers into new delicious meals. You'll learn how a batch of hot water dough transforms satueed vegetables and stir-fry beef into savory potstickers and a scallion pancake. Ming takes his pork meat and with the addition of eggs, makes an amazing fritatta.
Recipes Ming's "Left Overs" Pork and Bok Choy Fritatta Pop's "Left Overs" Beef Scallion Pancake Mom's "Left Overs" Chinese Watercress Potstickers
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Mom and Pops Cooking With Leftovers,” 12/16/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A237FC1495EC4E659E303045CDD622C2.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Mom and Pops Cooking With Leftovers.” 12/16/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A237FC1495EC4E659E303045CDD622C2>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Mom and Pops Cooking With Leftovers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A237FC1495EC4E659E303045CDD622C2