Antiques Roadshow; New Orleans, LA
EE Master, Hour 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- New Orleans, LA
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
Dan Elias and the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW crew open the New Orleans, Louisiana, show with a visit to the Presbytere, where the Louisiana State Museum pays homage to Mardi Gras. At the Morial Convention Center, the "bon temps roulez" all over the place. Among the diverse items brought for appraisal are a pair of exquisite Lalique sculptures, a carved wooden medallion, or "gang board," from the Civil War-era frigate Cincinnati, and an unusual decorative ceramic pot—made by a New Orleans art pottery club—valued at $15,000 to $20,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; New Orleans, LA,” 11/11/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A23451E5E708462BB2333BA17C64E250.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; New Orleans, LA.” 11/11/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A23451E5E708462BB2333BA17C64E250>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; New Orleans, LA. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A23451E5E708462BB2333BA17C64E250