Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Get Out Your Inner Hip Hop
DTO (Download To Own) Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- How To Get Out Your Inner Hip Hop
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season One (1) Broadcast 2006 RUFF INCINERATES HIS DAILY RATION OF KIBBLE IN THE FETCH 3000 BUT THEN DISCOVERS HE'S OUT OF CHINESE FOOD. RESORTING TO DESPERATE MEASURES, RUFF MUST TRY TO EXTRACT A TREAT FROM A DOG TOY. A STARVING RUFF CHALLENGES ANNA TO "COOK" ON THE DANCE FLOOR AS SHE LEARNS HOW TO DANCE HIP-HOP, AND NOAH, KHALIL, AND JULIA MUST COOK FOR A CROWD OF PICKY EATERS—ANIMALS AT THE ROGER WILLIAMS PARK ZOO!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Get Out Your Inner Hip Hop,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A2098513A70A4EB282D2BB72AA28F2C1.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Get Out Your Inner Hip Hop.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A2098513A70A4EB282D2BB72AA28F2C1>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Get Out Your Inner Hip Hop. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A2098513A70A4EB282D2BB72AA28F2C1