Evening at Pops; Bobby Mcferrin And His Voicestra
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Bobby Mcferrin And His Voicestra
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Grammy Award-winning singer Bobby McFerrin and His Voicestra, an 11-member a capella group, perform the gospel-driven "Swing Down Cariot," "Rain," and "The Garden." McFerrin also takes a turn at the podium conducting the Pops in the final movement to Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Bobby Mcferrin And His Voicestra,” 06/09/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1C0FE4C63DD4331B4C0572B500C7586.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Bobby Mcferrin And His Voicestra.” 06/09/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1C0FE4C63DD4331B4C0572B500C7586>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Bobby Mcferrin And His Voicestra. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1C0FE4C63DD4331B4C0572B500C7586