Frank: A Vietnam Veteran
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Frank: A Vietnam Veteran
- Program Number
- Program Description
“The following program is the story of one Vietnam veteran -- his experiences in Vietnam, and what his life has been like since his return home more than ten years ago.” -- opening credits. Intimate, black-and-white documentary consisting of edited, close-up shots of Frank telling his war and postwar experiences, with occasional still shots of photos of Frank as a soldier and civilian. Frank relates the personal feelings he experienced as a naval officer in combat in Vietnam, and his brushes with alcohol and drug abuse after Vietnam. He also describes his struggles with posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- War and Conflict
- Fred Simon (Director)
- Fred Simon and Vince Canzoneri (Producer)
- Chicago: “Frank: A Vietnam Veteran,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1A0BD407BBF4EF4B817D0AE70EC3CAB.
- MLA: “Frank: A Vietnam Veteran.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1A0BD407BBF4EF4B817D0AE70EC3CAB>.
- APA: Frank: A Vietnam Veteran. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1A0BD407BBF4EF4B817D0AE70EC3CAB