Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with Johnny Hernandez
Simply Ming San Antonio: Johnny Hernandez SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in San Antonio with Johnny Hernandez
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Ming travels “south of the border” when he visits the hacienda of Johnny Hernandez – one of San Antonio’s most popular chefs – on this special episode of Simply Ming. Together Johnny and Ming shop at a local Latin market where they look for inspiration and fresh ingredients. Back home at Johnny’s, Ming and Johnny chop, dice, and grill two fabulous Latin-inspired dishes.
Recipes Ming's Beef Scallion Pancake with Cactus Avocado Salad Johnny Hernandez Steak Taco, Tomatillo Salsa and Homemade Guacamole
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with Johnny Hernandez,” 12/13/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1A011A50D0A481DBE135819746A2F9E.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with Johnny Hernandez.” 12/13/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1A011A50D0A481DBE135819746A2F9E>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with Johnny Hernandez. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1A011A50D0A481DBE135819746A2F9E