Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Oaxaca: Food of the New World
Oaxaca: Food of the New World Letterbox
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Oaxaca: Food of the New World
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 44 Experience the unique culture and customs of the Mexican state of Oaxaca, a region that offers dramatic beauty, an ancient heritage, and some of Mexico's best food. Visit a traditional Zapotec village and meet a family of weavers as they take advantage of indigenous ingredients using recipes passed down by their ancestors. Journey a few miles outside of Oaxaca City to uncover the tradition of stone soup, a dish local men have made to honor women since the pre-Columbian era. Back in the Gourmet test kitchen, executive food editor Kemp Minifie shares a rich and tangy recipe for beef in a spicy tomatillo sauce, adapted from a dish she discovered during a trip to Oaxaca.
RECIPES Mole Negro Oaxaqueño (Oaxacan Black Mole) Oaxacan Beef in Spicy Tomatillo Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Oaxaca: Food of the New World,” 01/12/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0D648047506433FBAD9304817E338E0.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Oaxaca: Food of the New World.” 01/12/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0D648047506433FBAD9304817E338E0>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Oaxaca: Food of the New World. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0D648047506433FBAD9304817E338E0