Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Li-Young Lee
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks II, Li-Young Lee
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Li-Young Lee introduces and reads his and one of Emily Dickinson's poems at the Frederick Law Olmstead Historic Site in Brookline, Massachusetts. The following poems were edited for broadcast and general distribution, and appear on the master tapes with and without "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “From Blossoms” “The Weight of Sweetness” “Falling: The Code” “Nocturne” “Eating Together” “I Asked My Mother To Sing”
Source tapes include multiple takes of these and the following poems: “My Indigo, Part I” “Irises” “You Must Sing” excerpts from “The Cleaving” “#532” by Emily Dickinson
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Lee, Li-Young, 1957- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Li-Young Lee,” 09/19/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0BC5F531DCA4AFA879FF028AF309855.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Li-Young Lee.” 09/19/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0BC5F531DCA4AFA879FF028AF309855>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Li-Young Lee. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0BC5F531DCA4AFA879FF028AF309855