Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Heart Of The Amazon
Amazon SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Peru: The Heart Of The Amazon
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd English takes viewers on a journey of culinary inspiration to the mighty Amazon River and rain forests that are virtual supermarkets. The Don of the Lima limelight, Chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, joins Todd on an ultra modern riverboat. Learn about exotic dishes and techniques that come from Incan, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Creole and Japanese cuisines. From tiger catfish ceviche to hearts of palm fettuccine with tropical fruit salsa to Amazon escargot, the food is pleasing to both the eye and the palate. Then it's back to Olives, Todd's restaurant in Boston, to apply these new flavors in his own kitchen.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Heart Of The Amazon,” 04/10/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A083DBFA127749289FEB449049C1E51A.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Heart Of The Amazon.” 04/10/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A083DBFA127749289FEB449049C1E51A>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Heart Of The Amazon. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A083DBFA127749289FEB449049C1E51A