Arthur; Love Notes For Muffy; D.W. Blows The Whistle
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Love Notes For Muffy; D.W. Blows The Whistle
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Love Notes for Muffy: When Muffy tries to bribe the judges at the school science fair, Francine and The Brain plot revenge. But the thrill is short-lived after Muffy turns the tables, and the joke, on them.
D.W. Blows the Whistle: D.W., a newly-deputized Junior Safety Officer, has a reputation for being a strict enforcer of the rules--well, OK, a tattle-tale. How far--or how high--will she go to make sure everyone is safe and sound?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Love Notes For Muffy; D.W. Blows The Whistle,” 02/20/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FF783A494864087B431E4E43CA92013.
- MLA: “Arthur; Love Notes For Muffy; D.W. Blows The Whistle.” 02/20/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FF783A494864087B431E4E43CA92013>.
- APA: Arthur; Love Notes For Muffy; D.W. Blows The Whistle. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FF783A494864087B431E4E43CA92013