Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Cart
Caption Master Serving cart wiht Al D’Attanasio and road trip with Paul D’Attanasio
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Serving Cart
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Serving Cart – Episode 04
On this Rough Cut episode, Tommy makes a practical Serving Cart, essential for any kitchen, out of scrap tiger maple. The project is a basic cart form, however, for the top serving area, Tommy goes on a Road Trip to look for the right solid surface. In Canton, Massachusetts, Tommy explores different kinds of man-made and solid surfaces with the help of fabricator Paul D’Attanasio. Ultimately, he decides on a man-made solid for his project. Back in the shop, Tommy’s friend Al D’Attanasio stops by.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Drill Press Marking Knife Hand Plane Bench Chisel Clamps
Field Trip: PADCO Countertop Company, Canton, Massachusetts
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Cart,” 08/31/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FBDD9A842C946E3B2BC2C70E8A4052E.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Cart.” 08/31/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FBDD9A842C946E3B2BC2C70E8A4052E>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Serving Cart. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FBDD9A842C946E3B2BC2C70E8A4052E