Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Feeling Flush
Beta SP - Split Track Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Desert Island Dish; Feeling Flush
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1003 and 1004 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
1003: Desert Island Dish: When Mr. Ratburn challenges the class to find the perfect food for surviving on a desert island, everyone picks potato chips or ice cream! But Arthur and the gang soon discover that they cannot survive -- or pass their assignment -- on junk food alone. By working together, the kids learn about the importance of a balanced diet to overall health.
1004: Feeling Flush: When Elwood City experiences a drought, Francine bets Arthur that her family can use less water than his. But Francine is shocked to learn that, despite her conservation efforts, her water meter levels are twice as high as Arthur's! What's going on at the Frensky household? Will Francine find out who's behind the flushing frenzy?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Feeling Flush,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FBD50CB46904641AC903094385E4085.
- MLA: “Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Feeling Flush.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FBD50CB46904641AC903094385E4085>.
- APA: Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Feeling Flush. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FBD50CB46904641AC903094385E4085