Simply Ming; Ginger Vanilla Custard Base
Simply Ming Show 220K2, Ginger Vanilla Custard Base, Uncaptioned Master, TRT: 26:46
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Ginger Vanilla Custard Base
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Joanne Chang
To prove that awesome desserts aren't always chocolate, Ming introduces everyone to his Ginger Vanilla Custard Base. This foolproof custard base gets its great flavor from fresh ginger and fragrant vanilla beans. What could be better? It's Ming's belief that custard is among the most versatile and popular of desserts - proving its worthiness as a master base. With it, the best ice cream, cr me brulee, flan, cr me caramel, and bread pudding are all within reach. Ming takes advantage of this, turning out three equally decadent desserts: Ginger Vanilla Creme Brulee, a brioche based Coffee Cake Bread Pudding, and Stone Fruit Clafoutis. Ming visits Wright's Dairy in North Smithfield, Rhode Island where owner Ed Wright shows him what a modern dairy farm looks like. Back in the studio, one of Boston's best pastry chefs, Joanne Chang, visits Ming to create Profiteroles with Ginger Vanilla Cream - topped off with a rich chocolate ganache (because we just couldn't exclude chocolate completely!).
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Ginger Vanilla Custard Base,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FA97AB0BF6A4946A0DE7D5DFF3A239C.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Ginger Vanilla Custard Base.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FA97AB0BF6A4946A0DE7D5DFF3A239C>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Ginger Vanilla Custard Base. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9FA97AB0BF6A4946A0DE7D5DFF3A239C