Arthur; My Dad, The Garbage Man; Poor Muffy
WGBH EE Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- My Dad, The Garbage Man; Poor Muffy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
My Dad, the Garbage Man: FIELD TRIP! Mr. Ratburn's class is taking a field trips to visit parents at their jobs. After visiting Muffy's dad at Crosswire's Motors and Brain's mom at the Ice Cream Shop, Francine's not sure she wants the class to know her dad is a GARBAGE MAN. But, Francine soon learns that her dad is the coolest--just as she had always thought!
Poor Muffy: A new carpet and an attack of sneezing means that Muffy must spend the weekend at Francine's. For poor Muffy this means sharing a room and--gasp!--eating leftovers. Can their friendship possibly survive?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; My Dad, The Garbage Man; Poor Muffy,” 09/27/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC9982D7EEA4B9DB71E5DBA92687E94.
- MLA: “Arthur; My Dad, The Garbage Man; Poor Muffy.” 09/27/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC9982D7EEA4B9DB71E5DBA92687E94>.
- APA: Arthur; My Dad, The Garbage Man; Poor Muffy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC9982D7EEA4B9DB71E5DBA92687E94