French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- French Chef
- Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered locally February 1962 and July- August 1962, nationally in Feb. 1963 - approx. 300 shows produced. 1963-1973.
Original series ran 1963 to July 1966, then went into reruns through September 1970.
In October 1970 the new French Chef 200 series was shot in color and taped on the set at WGBH. Included in the programs were footage of Julia’s summer trip to France.
The 1971-1972 season was a tour of the French Classics: 26 half hour programs designed as a refresher course for experienced cooks and as a jet-assist takeoff for beginners.
After a funding scare, Polaroid funded a full 1972-1973 season. The theme was: The French Chef Faces Life. Julia shows viewers how to cope with situations that reflect the demands of society, family and lifestyle such as Sudden Company or a three course sit down dinner and getting kids involved in cooking.
NOTE: Beginning August 6, 1972, The French Chef repeated popular shows as a captioned edition. Series release date: 2/1962
- Program Description
Rediscovery of an age-old dessert.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lockwood, Ruth (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC8D5D09AE541D49E4FF19256EFA602.
- MLA: “French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC8D5D09AE541D49E4FF19256EFA602>.
- APA: French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC8D5D09AE541D49E4FF19256EFA602