Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The World’s Best Beef
Todd English travels to Japan to talk kobe beef. SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Japan: The World’s Best Beef
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Repackaged version of program 103.
TODD CONTINUES HIS JOURNEY IN TOKYO BY FIRST ENJOYING THE ABUNDANCE OF SCRUMPTIOUS STREET FOOD- FROM YAKATORI AND NOODLES, TO DEEP-FRIED OCTOPUS PUFFS- ALL TOPPED OFF WITH SOME ICED GREEN TEA. HUNGER PANGS ABATED, TODD BEGINS ON HIS TRUE QUEST- SEEKING OUT ONE OF THE MOST DELICIOUS, MELT-IN-YOUR MOUTH INGREDIENTS IN THE WORLD: PRIZED KOBE BEEF. WE LEARN WHY IT’S ONE OF JAPAN’S GREATEST TREASURES, AND ENJOY A SIDE-TRIP TO THE ASAHI BREWERY. AFTER RETURNING TO OLIVES, TODD INCORPORATES LAYERS OF NEW FLAVORS TO CAPTURE THIS FOOD TRIP.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The World’s Best Beef,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9E86D7DFC4A14EE4B1F5E03E14D391FF.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The World’s Best Beef.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9E86D7DFC4A14EE4B1F5E03E14D391FF>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The World’s Best Beef. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9E86D7DFC4A14EE4B1F5E03E14D391FF