Antiques Roadshow; Simply the Best
Antiques Roadshow 1419 Simpy the Best EE Master - Texted, Mixed, No CC First Air Date: 11/22/2010
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Simply the Best
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s Special Edition, Simply the Best, showcases objects deemed the finest examples of their kind ever seen on ROADSHOW. Highlights include: a superlative pair of circa 1795, Massachusetts-made Federal side chairs, valued at $30,000 to $50,000; a staggeringly rare 19th-century Rhode Island rifle and powderhorn, valued at $100,000 to $120,000; and the "holy grail" of American women’s suffrage movement posters - a timely reminder that 2010 is the 90th anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution - valued at $10,000 to $15,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Simply the Best,” 11/22/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9E4947DF7A6A49D0A91733976CE45BA9.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Simply the Best.” 11/22/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9E4947DF7A6A49D0A91733976CE45BA9>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Simply the Best. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9E4947DF7A6A49D0A91733976CE45BA9