Joyce Chen Cooks; Chinese Soups
IP' In Kuo (soup in a pot)and Egg Drop Soup -- Joyce Chen divulges the secret of making good clear chicken broth from a whole fowl. Then, using either this home-made soup or canned chicken broth as a base, she prepares both the greatest and most common of Chinese soups. Summary and select metadata for this record was submitted by Dana Polan.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Joyce Chen Cooks
- Chinese Soups
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 26, 1966 A distinguished restaurateur and author of a popular Chinese cookbook, Mrs. Chen prepares all kinds of Chinese delicacies and everyone of them can be made in the modern kitchen, with ingredients available at the local supermarket. Series release date: 6/30/1966
- Program Description
"I-P' IN-KUO (soup In a Pot) and EGG DROP SOUP -- Joyce Chen divulges the secret of making good clear chicken broth from a whole fowl. Then, using either this home-made soup or canned chicken broth as a base, she prepares both the greatest and most common of Chinese soups.
First Chen shows how to make an elegant Chinese soup by adding to a broth Virginia ham, cabbage, bamboo shoots, and black mushrooms. Then she demonstrates another soup that can be made from the stock: egg drop soup. This is pretty much as its name indicates: one drops beaten egg (or bits of it) into the hot broth. The soup can be dressed up with chopped scallion.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chinese Cooking
- Chinese Soups
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994
- American Chinese Cuisine
- Chicken Broth
- Asian Cuisine
- Lockwood, Ruth (Series Producer)
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994 (Host)
- Stevens, Mark (Director)
- Mahard, Frances (Other (see note))
- Lockwood, Ruth (Producer)
- Publication Information
- Presented by the Estate of Joyce Chen and the WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Chinese Soups,” 02/27/1967, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 7, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DE7972910254852995021ABDAF6CBA8.
- MLA: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Chinese Soups.” 02/27/1967. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 7, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DE7972910254852995021ABDAF6CBA8>.
- APA: Joyce Chen Cooks; Chinese Soups. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DE7972910254852995021ABDAF6CBA8