Advocates; Should Congress pass President Carters Welfare/Jobs Bill?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Marilyn Berger Advocate: Franklin Raines Advocate: John Kramer Witnesses: Arnold Packer Assistant Secretary of Labor Carol Burris President, Womens Lobby George Gilder Writer, Social Critic Alvin Schorr Author, Jubilee of Our Times
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should Congress pass President Carters Welfare/Jobs Bill?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Raines, Franklin D., 1949-
- Berger, Marilyn
- Packer, Arnold H.
- Schorr, Alvin Louis, 1921-
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Kramer, John (Guest)
- Packer, Arnold (Guest)
- Schorr, Alvin (Guest)
- Raines, Franklin (Guest)
- Glider, George (Guest)
- Burris, Carol (Guest)
- Berger, Marilyn (Moderator)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should Congress pass President Carters Welfare/Jobs Bill?,” 03/09/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DAFCCCE3F364D9FB5E0BB532D6BEBA9.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should Congress pass President Carters Welfare/Jobs Bill?.” 03/09/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DAFCCCE3F364D9FB5E0BB532D6BEBA9>.
- APA: Advocates; Should Congress pass President Carters Welfare/Jobs Bill?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DAFCCCE3F364D9FB5E0BB532D6BEBA9