Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Lightly Cooking Fish
Simply Ming Morimoto & Lightly Cooking Fish
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Lightly Cooking Fish
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
909: MASAHARU MORIMOTO & LIGHTLY COOKED FISH LOCATION: MORIMOTO NAPA, NAPA, CA
On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming Tsai is back in beautiful Napa Valley visiting his good friend, Iron Chef Morimoto who, of course, knows how to demonstrate how to work his magic with all things fish. Morimoto shows us how to first break down a fish and then cook it to maintain its pristine flavor.
Recipes: Masaharu Morimoto's Red Snapper 2-Ways with Garden Vegetables Red Snapper New-Style Sashimi with Olive Oil Sesame Flash
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Lightly Cooking Fish,” 10/20/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D9FFCE6B2754A26AB8A1244CDC7BD71.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Lightly Cooking Fish.” 10/20/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D9FFCE6B2754A26AB8A1244CDC7BD71>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Lightly Cooking Fish. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D9FFCE6B2754A26AB8A1244CDC7BD71