Arthur; Brain Gets Hooked; Arthur’s Numbers Nightmare
D-Beta, green label broadcast master, mix tracks. “Brain gets Hooked”; “Arthur’s Number Nightmare”
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Brain Gets Hooked; Arthur’s Numbers Nightmare
- Program Number
1303; 154A; 154B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
Brain Gets Hooked, 154A Brain gets hooked on the latest tween reality show “Junior Island.” When he starts to ignore his friends and his schoolwork, he knows he’s got a problem. But what can he do to break the addiction?
Arthur’s Numbers Nightmare, 154B When Arthur and friends discover what looks like a list of their class rankings in Principal Haney's office, they are all taken for a surprise. If Arthur's really Number Two, then he must be really smart! And is there anything Francine can do to move up rank? For Buster, Number Eleven is his new lucky number…for everything. Soon the numbers come to mean much more than they should to all the kids on the list.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Brain Gets Hooked; Arthur’s Numbers Nightmare,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D9C1B4475E5453C92CA2C3273199318.
- MLA: “Arthur; Brain Gets Hooked; Arthur’s Numbers Nightmare.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D9C1B4475E5453C92CA2C3273199318>.
- APA: Arthur; Brain Gets Hooked; Arthur’s Numbers Nightmare. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D9C1B4475E5453C92CA2C3273199318