Simply Ming; Chinese Rock Candy and Cranberries
uncaptioned Base Revision 001 16x9 anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Chinese Rock Candy and Cranberries
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
807: Chinese Rock Candy & Cranberries Guest Chef: John Besh Saturday November 20 Today’s master pair balances the East and the West and creates that beloved flavor combo loved in cuisines the world over—sweet and sour. Ming will be using Chinese rock candy and cranberries to make our own version of that wonderful taste sensation with his Braised Pork Shoulder with Cranberry-Corn Dumplings and fair favorite Crispy Fried Turkey Legs with Cranberry Glaze. He will then use this sweet and sour duo to make a sweet, his Frozen Cranberry Parfait with Rock Candy Crunch. Joining Ming with his own one-pot sweet and sour creation will be the great John Besh from New Orleans with his Wagyu Beef Short Ribs with Cranberry & Rock Candy.
Recipes Frozen Cranberry Parfait with Rock Candy Crunch Crispy Fried Turkey Legs with Cranberry Glaze Braised Pork Shoulder with Cranberry-Corn Dumplings John Besh's Wagyu Beef Short Ribs with Cranberries & Rock Candy
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Chinese Rock Candy and Cranberries,” 09/09/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9CF130211E9546A5B4464C278522B5C0.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Chinese Rock Candy and Cranberries.” 09/09/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9CF130211E9546A5B4464C278522B5C0>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Chinese Rock Candy and Cranberries. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9CF130211E9546A5B4464C278522B5C0