Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raquel Rivera
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa Raquel Rivera SPANISH Textless
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Raquel Rivera
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Note: Produced for V-Me PBS Spanish Language Channel VeMe program number: 109
Author of New York Ricans from the Hip Hop Zone (Palgrave Macmillan, 2003) and co-editor of the anthology Reggaeton (Duke University Press, 2009). Affiliated Scholar at the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Hunter College). Freelance journalist. Essay and fiction writer. Singer-songwriter, member of Afro-Boricua music group Alma Moyo. Debut CD as a solo artist released September 2010: Las 7 Salves de La Magdalena / 7 Songs of Praise for The Magdalene.
The focus of the interview was Rivera's writings on hip-hop and reggaeton.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raquel Rivera,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C793831BEB74993A22067C3C5DC1A4F.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raquel Rivera.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C793831BEB74993A22067C3C5DC1A4F>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raquel Rivera. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C793831BEB74993A22067C3C5DC1A4F