Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Finishes
Base Revision 001 Uncaptioned Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
0107 – Finishes/Christine Thomson
Tommy is the first to say, finishes are an art unto themselves. That’s why he dedicated an entire episode to this topic featuring two very talented finishers, Christine Thomson, a period finisher from Salem, Massachusetts, and Mark Libby, a local finisher who has worked with Tommy for years. In this episode, Tommy provides detailed project instruction for work requiring a finishing technique. He visits Christine’s shop to see some of her techniques, and later, Mark Libby swings by Tommy’s shop.
Resources: Marking Gauge Mortiser Screws
Field Trip: Christine Thomson's Shop, Salem, MA
Questions and Answers: Finishes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Finishes,” 10/05/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C2306BABB3F47BA9C811DF6AA264332.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Finishes.” 10/05/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C2306BABB3F47BA9C811DF6AA264332>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Finishes. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C2306BABB3F47BA9C811DF6AA264332