Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Music Of George Gershwin, A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Tribute To The Music Of George Gershwin, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
This program features musical selections from Gershwin's Broadway, classical and jazz compositions. Marcus Roberts performs the "I Got Rhythm" variations followed by excerpts from the Broadway hit "Crazy For You" with stars Karen Ziemba and James Brennan. After the John Pizzarelli Trio plays "Fascinatin' Rhythm" and "Our Love Is Here To Stay," the program concludes with selections from "Porgy and Bess," featuring guest vocalist Marquita Lister, Willard White and Damon Evans, with the Tangelwood Festival Chorus , John Oliver, conductor.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Music Of George Gershwin, A,” 06/15/1995, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9BB99F0838084BBEBCDAF748198A24AB.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Music Of George Gershwin, A.” 06/15/1995. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9BB99F0838084BBEBCDAF748198A24AB>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Music Of George Gershwin, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9BB99F0838084BBEBCDAF748198A24AB