Arthur; Cave, The; The World Record
Stereo English Mix
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cave, The; The World Record
- Program Number
81A - 81B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
The World Record: Why is Buster walking backwards... and Muffy not talking? They're trying to set world records of course! Everyone tries to go it alone, but Arthur and the gang discover that working together more readily creates success, fun... and the world's largest pizza!
The Cave: Stalactites and stalagmites and bats, oh my! Arthur thinks his class trip to the Clark Caves will be really cool... but won't it be, um, dark in there??
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Cave, The; The World Record,” 09/20/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B86D2B7DF2746A08F71C7CE95D15EF5.
- MLA: “Arthur; Cave, The; The World Record.” 09/20/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B86D2B7DF2746A08F71C7CE95D15EF5>.
- APA: Arthur; Cave, The; The World Record. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B86D2B7DF2746A08F71C7CE95D15EF5