Antiques Roadshow; Phoenix, AZ
Hour 1 of 2 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Phoenix, AZ
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
211: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW specialists are on the lookout for Spanish silver, Native American artifacts and great old toys and games in Phoenix. At the Heard Museum, one of the most important collections of Native American art and artifacts in the world, Chris Jussel surveys the fascinating Fred Harvey Company Collection. Inside the Phoenix Civic Plaza, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers are excited about a number of rare finds,including a valuable 18th-century spice cabinet and a famous letter to the editor regarding Santa Claus.
212: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts hope the crowds in Phoenix will offer up all sorts of Americana, Native American rugs and art glass for appraisal. Host Chris Jussel visits the Pueblo Grande Museum and talks about the ancient Hohokam, whose sophisticated irrigation canals were resurrected almost a thousand years later to transform the desert into the city of Phoenix. At the Phoenix Civic Plaza, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW specialists from the nation's top auction houses are delighted to find a rare and valuable Tiffany lamp and a vintage lunch box.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Phoenix, AZ,” 10/03/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B813569C0CB43CF933739776191B6B6.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Phoenix, AZ.” 10/03/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B813569C0CB43CF933739776191B6B6>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Phoenix, AZ. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B813569C0CB43CF933739776191B6B6