Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sonia Nazario
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Caption Master Sonia Nazario 1/20/10 #3207 TRT: 26:30 Op: M.R. TC: SD 29.97 DF CC, Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Sonia Nazario
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
In 2003, Los Angeles Times reporter Sonia Nazario released a story called Enrique’s Journey, a gripping tale of a Honduran boy’s struggle to find his mother who was working illegally in the United States. The overwhelming success of this piece—which won a Pulitzer—led to its expansion into a best-selling book.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sonia Nazario,” 01/20/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B105C0D091F477693927DDD2689EECE.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sonia Nazario.” 01/20/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B105C0D091F477693927DDD2689EECE>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sonia Nazario. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9B105C0D091F477693927DDD2689EECE