Martha Speaks; Martha Runs The Store, Part 1; Martha Runs The Store, Part 2
MSPE 120 HD base SOM 01;00;00;00 EOM 01;28;45;28 DUR 28;46 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Runs The Store, Part 1; Martha Runs The Store, Part 2
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Runs the Store, part 1 Skits and Martha are feeling desperate while they wait in the broiling sun for Helen to finish shopping. Fed up, Skits decides to follow the cool air into the store, and Martha has to follow to get him out. What are they going to do now that they're stuck in the bathroom and the store is about to close?! (1st of two parts)
Vocabulary: (E) escape, entrance, flee, stuck, trapped
(I) hurry, closed, inside, open, outside
Martha Runs the Store, part 2 Helen can't find Martha and Skits anywhere. Little does she know, they're trapped inside the darkened department store, trying to find the exit . . . when they aren't distracted by the comfy beds, overflowing garbage cans, and automatic tennis–ball shooter. Will they find their way out before it's time to blow out Mom's birthday candles? (2nd of two parts)
Vocabulary: (E) avoid, capture, distract, exit, intruder
(I) catch, door, get away, guard, hide
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Runs The Store, Part 1; Martha Runs The Store, Part 2,” 11/14/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 4, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A7B697353B445A8A2D32C95E3CE8620.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Runs The Store, Part 1; Martha Runs The Store, Part 2.” 11/14/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 4, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A7B697353B445A8A2D32C95E3CE8620>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Runs The Store, Part 1; Martha Runs The Store, Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A7B697353B445A8A2D32C95E3CE8620