Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Butterflying
Simply Ming Michael Schlow & Butterflying
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Butterflying
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
908: MICHAEL SCHLOW & BUTTERFLYING
If you’re a home cook, you may think the culinary technique of butterflying is something better left to those in white jackets. As Ming demonstrates, it’s actually a straightforward technique that’s great for speeding up cooking time and offering many more options when you’re cooking on the fly. Ming, along with his pal, Chef Michael Schlow, show you just how easy it is, creating two delicious new dishes together: Crispy Potato Shrimp with Warm Pineapple Salsa and Pork Chops a la Nonna.
Recipes Michael Schlow's Pork Chops a la Nona Crispy Potato Shrimp with Warm Pineapple Salsa
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Butterflying,” 10/12/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A57E5DAEEBF4FA8864C637CC93B9266.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Butterflying.” 10/12/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A57E5DAEEBF4FA8864C637CC93B9266>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Butterflying. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A57E5DAEEBF4FA8864C637CC93B9266