Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VI: Promised Land
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series VI: Promised Land
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast Mary 25 and April 1, 1993
In the first episode, Chief inspector Morse and Sergeant Lewis head for the heat of Australia in pursuit of Kenny stone, whose evidence helped put away a gang of armed robbers who killed a policeman friend of Morse several years earlier. Now called Mike Harding, the informer has disappeared. Ann, his wife, refuses to cooperate. In the second episode, young Karen Harding has been kidnapped. Her mother is convinced someone in England knows the family has been relocated to Australia. The Australian police detectives inform Morse that he is not permitted to carry out an investigation. Harding's son goes to Morse with information. At an old quarry Morse finds what he is looking for.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VI: Promised Land,” 12/12/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A460F9ACD7744FFA7F99A39A56AFBE7.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VI: Promised Land.” 12/12/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A460F9ACD7744FFA7F99A39A56AFBE7>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VI: Promised Land. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9A460F9ACD7744FFA7F99A39A56AFBE7