Evening at Pops; Leroy Anderson
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Leroy Anderson
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Series Description: A Note To You continues to educate, amuse and delight as it has for more than three decades. Explore the fascinating world of music and composition with host Virginia Eskin as she vividly illustrates what harmony means, how rhythm makes a melody beautiful, and how cultural concerns shape music, in addition to sharing information and stories about the music itself. Produced in conjunction with Northeastern University, A Note To You has earned national and international recognition from such prestigious juries as the New York International Festivals, The Ohio State Awards, and the Armstrong Awards. A Note To You is distributed nationally by WGBH Radio.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Leroy Anderson,” 06/22/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_997CC4AB5C1744ACA130E995CEF3751E.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Leroy Anderson.” 06/22/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_997CC4AB5C1744ACA130E995CEF3751E>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Leroy Anderson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_997CC4AB5C1744ACA130E995CEF3751E