Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop; Shooting Stars
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop
- Shooting Stars
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiered September 1970, See September 1970 Program Guide for Cover Story
Hoagy Carmichael (in a Mr. Rogers-esque setting with children: Reed Dewey, Eliza Mason, Lee Stark) uses songs to teach children fundamental music theory. RT: 15:00. A 21” Classroom production, produced by WGBH Boston. Copyright 21” Classroom, 1970. Series release date: 9/1970
- Program Description
Season One Broadcast 2000 The very sleepy Lion family tries to stay up very late at night, so they won't miss the most spectacular meteor shower of the year.
Key word: star (night) Word family: -ar (-ark, -art), -ight Target sound: r-controlled "a" High-frequency sight words: the, all, and, at, in, no, of, one, to, up New vocabulary: marvelous, meteor, sparkling, acrobat
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Gifford, Steve (Executive Producer)
- Carmichael, Hoagy (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop; Shooting Stars,” 09/02/1970, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_995B3F65866C40839A08FCE737D6F9BC.
- MLA: “Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop; Shooting Stars.” 09/02/1970. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_995B3F65866C40839A08FCE737D6F9BC>.
- APA: Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop; Shooting Stars. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_995B3F65866C40839A08FCE737D6F9BC