Arthur; Baby Kate and the Imaginary Mystery; Strangers on a Train
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Baby Kate and the Imaginary Mystery; Strangers on a Train
- Program Number
1105; 141B; 140B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for Additional Assets
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Baby Kate and the Imaginary Mystery; Strangers on a Train,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9883218A82054DF79D1915B292ECEDB0.
- MLA: “Arthur; Baby Kate and the Imaginary Mystery; Strangers on a Train.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9883218A82054DF79D1915B292ECEDB0>.
- APA: Arthur; Baby Kate and the Imaginary Mystery; Strangers on a Train. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9883218A82054DF79D1915B292ECEDB0