Simply Ming; Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Broadcast 2006-2007 GUEST CHEF: DOMINIQUE MACQUET THE WORD PESTO COMES FROM THE LATIN ROOT PESTLE, WHICH MEANS "TO POUND OR CRUSH." ALTHOUGH USUALLY A POPULAR ITALIAN DISH MADE WITH CRUSHED HERBS, NUTS, AND GARLIC, MING COMBINES HIS OWN UNIQUE INGREDIENTS TO CREATE A MASTER RECIPE: ROASTED GARLIC ASIAN PESTO. THE PESTO IS THE PIECE DE RESISTANCE OF MING'S SHRIMP WONTONS IN BROTH, SHANGHAI NOODLES WITH CHINESE SAUSAGE, AND ROASTED WHOLE PESTO POUSSIN. MING HEADS OVER TO THE GOURMET SAUCE COMPANY, SAUCES N' LOVE IN SOMERVILLE, MASSACHUSETTS, WHERE TESSA EDICK AND PAOLO VOLPATI-KEDRA SHOW MING WHAT GOES INTO THEIR PESTO MADE FROM THE HEART. GUEST CHEF DOMINIQUE MACQUET OF DOMINIQUE'S AT THE MAISON DUPUY HOTEL IN NEW ORLEANS JOINS MING IN THE STUDIO TO OFFER HIS OWN FLAVOR TO THE TABLE WITH HIS ASIAN PESTO RAVIOLI STUFFED WITH SHRIMP AND FOIE GRAS.
Master Recipe: Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto Guest Recipe: Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto Ravioli
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_985DD9DE170644C8AC4B4374259B1EA5.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_985DD9DE170644C8AC4B4374259B1EA5>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Roasted Garlic Asian Pesto. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_985DD9DE170644C8AC4B4374259B1EA5