Ten O'Clock News; Revere Sugar
Charles Bennett interviews man from Revere Sugar about the United States quotas on the importation of sugar and the production of sugar at the Revere plant. Discussion of sugar industry while cutaways are being shot. Exteriors and interiors of Revere Sugar processing plant in Charlestown. Very long shiny Coca-Cola tank truck. Cardboard packaging being formed by machine. Sugar pours from large spout to fill boxes. Sealed boxes pass along assembly line. Five-pound paper sacks filled.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Charlestown (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Bennett, Charles (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Revere Sugar,” 07/12/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9793314D575740189BE3A2ED9F36DECD.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Revere Sugar.” 07/12/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9793314D575740189BE3A2ED9F36DECD>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Revere Sugar. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9793314D575740189BE3A2ED9F36DECD