Arthur; Tipping The Scales; Lights, Camera, Opera!
Tipping the Scales & Crosswires and Bizet Signals WGBH Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Tipping The Scales; Lights, Camera, Opera!
- Program Number
901; 905; 119A;119B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
901: Tipping the Scales: Everyone in Arthur's chorus group is excited about their upcoming performance in Crown City. Everyone knows nothing beats that post-concert cheesecake at Finklemeyers! But when strict Dr. Fugue replaces fun Mrs. Krasny as their teacher, the gang worries -- will music class ever be fun again?
905: Lights, Camera...Opera!: When Muffy's Dad gives her concert tickets, she couldn't be more excited -- until she discovers that she's going to...gasp!...the opera. How will she understand what's going on, let alone stay awake? Opera singer Rodney Gilfrey guest stars to show Muffy why Bizet's "Carmen" can be a whole lot more fun than 'Tween Dream! [Working Title: Crosswires and Bizet Signals]
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Tipping The Scales; Lights, Camera, Opera!,” 10/27/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_97778E99C1A54482A20040239FCCE3C9.
- MLA: “Arthur; Tipping The Scales; Lights, Camera, Opera!.” 10/27/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_97778E99C1A54482A20040239FCCE3C9>.
- APA: Arthur; Tipping The Scales; Lights, Camera, Opera!. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_97778E99C1A54482A20040239FCCE3C9