Martha Speaks; Skits under the Weather; Martha the weather Dog
MSPE 126 28:46 3/28/09 DB/MR5 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Skits under the Weather; Martha the weather Dog
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Skits under the Weather Martha and Skits hate the sound of thunder. One day Skits gets fed up and tries to outrun the storm, but soon discovers that all roads somehow lead back home.
Vocabulary: (E) storm, thunder, lightning, shower, precipitation, hail
(I) wet, downpour, rainfall, drizzle
Martha the Weather Dog Windy McCloud, Wagstaff City's meteorologist, wants Martha to be her weather dog. Martha's thrilled that she'll be able to change the weather to suit Helen and her friends, until she finds out she's not going to make the weather, she's going to predict it. But all her predictions are way off. What should she tell Windy?
Vocabulary: (E) forecast, temperature, meteorologist, predict, weather
(I) sunny, shower, snow, rain, cloudy, lightning
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Skits under the Weather; Martha the weather Dog,” 03/28/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_976EF94CBA9C42EF97578DD594628B6D.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Skits under the Weather; Martha the weather Dog.” 03/28/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_976EF94CBA9C42EF97578DD594628B6D>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Skits under the Weather; Martha the weather Dog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_976EF94CBA9C42EF97578DD594628B6D