Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 103
EE Master- No Captions
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow FYI
- Antiques Roadshow FYI 103
- Program Number
- Series Description
Fans of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW have wrestled with these weighty questions since the hit PBS series debuted eight years ago. Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2005 the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proudly present this brand-new weekly series of 26 half-hour programs, revealing the answers to What happens to the stuff after the owners leave the convention hall? ... Where can I get the best deals? ... What are the hot collectibles right now? ... What do the appraisers collect? and more!
Hosted by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Lara Spencer with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI is the perfect complement to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — a digest that gives viewers tools to enrich and improve their own treasure hunts. A cross-country excursion with stops in America's top antiques shows and auctions. Candid conversations and trade secrets from ROADSHOW experts. Unsolved mysteries surrounding stolen works of art and surprising updates on treasures from past ROADSHOW episodes. Series release date: 1/19/2005
- Program Description
Correspondent Clay Reynolds catches up with the owner of a Tiffany lamp, appraised at ANTIQUES ROADSHOW in Chicago for $25,000 to $35,000. Appraiser Rudy Franchi is on hand for the recovery of vintage lobby cards once used as wallboard in an attic; expert Stuart Whitehurst explains how to tell the difference between ivory and bone — without first looking at the price tag; jewelry expert Barry Weber visits a gem testing lab where a broach found on ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is finally authenticated; and appraiser J. Michael Flanigan puts out an All Points Bulletin for a suite of furniture last seen at the White House on August 24, 1814 — the day the British burned down Washington, DC.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 103,” 02/02/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9718F121210B4E168622E516BAA157E5.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 103.” 02/02/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9718F121210B4E168622E516BAA157E5>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 103. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9718F121210B4E168622E516BAA157E5