Arthur; DW’s Backpack Mishap; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked
Tracks 1-2 Full Stereo Mix, Tracks 3-4 Music and Effects Stereo Mix
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- DW’s Backpack Mishap; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked
- Program Number
601; 606; 86
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
606: D.W.'s Backpack Mishap: Somebody stole D.W.'s backpack!! Who is this fluffy unicorn thief ... this Mary Moo Cow-napper? In the backpack left behind, D.W. finds clues in an assortment of exotic objects. Could the backpack thief be even more sinister than she imagined -- or just well traveled?
601: Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked: Sue Ellen is the champion of the popular Internet game, Virtualgoose.com. She becomes so obsessed, however, that she starts imagining her friends as geese to be conquered! Can Sue Ellen give up Virtualgoose before she finally quacks... er, cracks?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; DW’s Backpack Mishap; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked,” 06/20/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96E82E2FB1854984964433F861EAFE5B.
- MLA: “Arthur; DW’s Backpack Mishap; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked.” 06/20/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96E82E2FB1854984964433F861EAFE5B>.
- APA: Arthur; DW’s Backpack Mishap; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96E82E2FB1854984964433F861EAFE5B