Museum Open House; Light, Dark and Daumier
Part of From the Vault.
Program hosted by Russell Connor of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts. Each half hour program was devoted to a period of artists and showed works of art with Connor giving the background on the works. In this episode, Connor showcases art by French printmaker, caricaturist, painter and sculptor Honoré Daumier. Some of Daumiers work featured includes caricatures from his series Men of Justice and his painting entitled The Uprising. Daumiers work is also compared to the work of other artists of whom examples are shown, most notably a drawing by Masaccio and a painting by Rembrandt
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Museum Open House
- Light, Dark and Daumier
- Program Number
- Series Description
Program hosted by Russell Connor of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts. Each half hour program was devoted to a period of artists and showed works of art with Connor giving the background on the works. Early and Mid 1960’s. Series release date: 1963
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Art & Arts
- Political culture
- Connor, Russell
- Social Critics and Reformers
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Daumier, Honore, 1808-1879
- Fine Arts
- Kennedy, Thalia (Associate Producer)
- Connor, Russell (Host)
- Hallock, Don (Director)
- Morton, Will (Sound)
- Porter, Al (Other (see note))
- Anderson, Ken (Other (see note))
- Kane, Pat (Other (see note))
- Barnard, Patricia (Executive Producer)
- Publication Information
- Presented by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and the WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Museum Open House; Light, Dark and Daumier,” 05/20/1963, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96E3AD934B874D208D703C4C164E1B96.
- MLA: “Museum Open House; Light, Dark and Daumier.” 05/20/1963. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96E3AD934B874D208D703C4C164E1B96>.
- APA: Museum Open House; Light, Dark and Daumier. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96E3AD934B874D208D703C4C164E1B96