Arthur; Arthur vs The Very Mean Crossing Guard; D.W.’s Very Bad Mood
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur vs The Very Mean Crossing Guard; D.W.’s Very Bad Mood
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur vs. the Very Mean Crossing Guard: Arthur and The Brain encounter a new crossing guard on the way home from school. This guard isn't just mean, he's nuts! He charges $10 to cross the street and if you don't pay, his goons will find you!! Is this guy for real?
D.W.'s Very Bad Mood: D.W. is making Arthur's life miserable! (Hard to imagine, but true.) Francine decides she'd better find the key to D.W.'s cranky behavior before Arthur loses his mind.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur vs The Very Mean Crossing Guard; D.W.’s Very Bad Mood,” 02/26/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96C6E1DA10BC4F62A9ADDF4C66113AD4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur vs The Very Mean Crossing Guard; D.W.’s Very Bad Mood.” 02/26/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96C6E1DA10BC4F62A9ADDF4C66113AD4>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur vs The Very Mean Crossing Guard; D.W.’s Very Bad Mood. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96C6E1DA10BC4F62A9ADDF4C66113AD4