Arthur; Arthur’s Perfect Christmas
CDN & INT.’L Version 1) over background 2) over black Tr. 1-2 Stereo Mix / Tr. 3-4 Stereo M&E
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Perfect Christmas
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
An hour-long special with Arthur, D.W. and their family and friends frantically making preparations for the "perfect holiday season": including perfect gifts, perfect parties and perfect family traditions for Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. Arthur soon discovers, however, that perfection is hard to come by, and that the joy of Christmas isn't found in an artifical vision of the "perfect holiday season," but in the wonderfully imperfect world in which he lives.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Perfect Christmas,” 10/18/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96BE6696E7314857BC33838B58DB9364.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Perfect Christmas.” 10/18/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96BE6696E7314857BC33838B58DB9364>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Perfect Christmas. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_96BE6696E7314857BC33838B58DB9364