Arthur; Buster’s Back; The Ballad of Buster Baxter
EE Master September 1998
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Buster’s Back; The Ballad of Buster Baxter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"Buster's Back" Buster's coming home! Today!! The word spreads fast, but so does the fear that Buster will be...different, somehow. He has been traveling all over the world and even visited countries where they eat snails and stuff. Will he ever want to hang out with plain old Arthur again?
"The Ballad of Buster Baxter" Art Garfunkel lends his voice and likeness to the guitar-strumming moose minstrel who sings The Ballad of Buster Baxter -- the story of how Buster feels when he comes home to Elwood City. It seems to Buster, not only have his friends changed while he was gone, but they've forgotten all about him! Will he ever fit in again?
Interstitial Best friends talk about being friends and the things they like to do together.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Buster’s Back; The Ballad of Buster Baxter,” 09/01/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9664E62B77B74D11AAB0D879CE3354B9.
- MLA: “Arthur; Buster’s Back; The Ballad of Buster Baxter.” 09/01/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9664E62B77B74D11AAB0D879CE3354B9>.
- APA: Arthur; Buster’s Back; The Ballad of Buster Baxter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9664E62B77B74D11AAB0D879CE3354B9