Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tsai Chin
Caption Master 5/25/10 Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Tsai Chin 3222 TC: SD 29.97 DF Written on tape: 624 TRT: 26:46 Anamorphic, CC
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Tsai Chin
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Actress Tsai Chin.In a career that expands four decades, Tsai Chin has acted in film, television and on stage. She is best known for her role as Auntie Lindo in the BAFTA-nominated film The Joy Luck Club. Her list of screen credits include You Only Live Twice, Fu Manchu, Memoirs of a Geisha, Casino Royale, and Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior. She also had a recurring role in the TV series Grey’s Anatomy. In this conversation with Maria Hinojosa, Tsai Chin talks about the portrayal of Asian women in film, returning to China after the Cultural Revolution, and her latest role in the TV series The Dream of the Red Chamber.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tsai Chin,” 05/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_965ADE2EF7DF4D91B4F382A34FE4CF3D.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tsai Chin.” 05/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_965ADE2EF7DF4D91B4F382A34FE4CF3D>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tsai Chin. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_965ADE2EF7DF4D91B4F382A34FE4CF3D