Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Hatches an Egg; Whatchamacallit, The
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Quack Hatches an Egg; Whatchamacallit, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 227 QUACK HATCHES AN EGG QUACK DECIDES THAT A BABY DUCK WOULD MAKE HIS POND EVEN MORE PERFECT THAN IT ALREADY IS.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE EXPECTING. THEY'RE EXPECTING CHICKS TO HATCH. IT'S AN AMAZING THING TO WATCH AND THE CHICKS START EATING AND DRINKING AS SOON AS THEY ARE OUT OF THE EGG. "TRY VISITING A FARM OR A PET STORE TO SEE DIFFERENT KINDS OF BABY ANIMALS."
THE WHATCHAMACALLIT WHAT ON EARTH IS A “WHATCHAMACALLIT?” PEEP, QUACK, AND CHIRP ARE DETERMINED TO FIND OUT.
INTERSTITIAL: A BOOK ON THE FLOOR MAKES AN EXCELLENT RAMP, AND SO DOES MEGAN'S LEG. THE KIDS RACE BALLS ON RAMPS AND OBSERVE DIFFERENCES IN SPEED AND DISTANCE TRAVELED. "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF RAMPS AND BALLS."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Hatches an Egg; Whatchamacallit, The,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9624FC44E4314FB0838A9E5DA5A7EE45.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Hatches an Egg; Whatchamacallit, The.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9624FC44E4314FB0838A9E5DA5A7EE45>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Hatches an Egg; Whatchamacallit, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9624FC44E4314FB0838A9E5DA5A7EE45