Ten O'Clock News; Ad agencies and minority students
Deborah Wang reports that minority workers are underrepresented in the advertising industry. Wang interviews Bink Garrison (President of Ingalls, Quinn and Johnson) about the lack of minority workers in the industry. Wang's report includes footage of workers in the offices of Ingalls, Quinn and Johnson (advertising firm). Wang reports that Ingalls, Quinn and Johnson is participating in industry efforts to attract students into the industry. Wang notes that the Ad Club at English High School teaches students about advertising. Wang reports that Ad Club students wrote and acted in a public service announcement last year. Wang's report includes footage of the public service announcement produced by the Ad Club. Wang's report also features interviews of Pam Piligian (Ingalls, Quinn and Johnson) and students working in the Ad Club. B-roll follows of workers at the offices of Ingalls, Quinn and Johnson, interiors of the lobby, closeups on advertisements.
- Ten O'Clock News
Ad agencies and minority students
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- School improvement programs
- African American students
- News Report
- Wang, Deborah (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Ad agencies and minority students,” 05/01/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E6A8EC97044A788BA8A7B9E0737FFF.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Ad agencies and minority students.” 05/01/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E6A8EC97044A788BA8A7B9E0737FFF>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Ad agencies and minority students. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E6A8EC97044A788BA8A7B9E0737FFF