Arthur; Is That Kosher; Never, Never, Never
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Is That Kosher; Never, Never, Never
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"Is that Kosher?" Joan Rivers lends her voice as Francine's sharp-tongued grandma, Bubba, in this episode about family traditions and communal celebration. Francine's convinced that she can fast on Yom Kippur just like her older sister. But then Arthur wins a free pizza party for all his friends for that very same day! Will Francine be able to resist? With Bubba's help, Francine learns that there's more to the special holiday than making it through a fast.
"Never, Never, Never" Since Grandma Thora gives D.W. so many gifts, it must mean she really loves her, right? When D.W's extra toys fall into the hands of the destructive Tibble twins, she worries that no one loves her anymore - until Arthur comes to the rescue and proves that giving gifts isn't the only way of showing you care.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Is That Kosher; Never, Never, Never,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E0EB5702F04925A284EA6AE3028095.
- MLA: “Arthur; Is That Kosher; Never, Never, Never.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E0EB5702F04925A284EA6AE3028095>.
- APA: Arthur; Is That Kosher; Never, Never, Never. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E0EB5702F04925A284EA6AE3028095